web analytics

Five Fabulous Friday Finds!

by Paula on July 22, 2011

THE POST BELOW MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE SEE OUR DISCLOSURE NOTICE.

I have a confession to make.  I am an internet junkie.  I love peeking and poking around the nooks and crannies of the internet.  I hop down so many rabbit trails that I’m starting to crave carrots.

And instead of seeking help with this addiction, I am going to make it a bonus for you and share some of my finds here on Fridays.

I hope you’ll give me feedback as to whether you found the sites as interesting/educational/fun as I did, so I’ll know what to share with you next time.  I also would love it if you told me some of your favorite sites.  Really, I would!  And I promise to check them out and tell they you sent me!!

Here’s today’s list of Five Fabulous Friday Finds!

Great tips on taking pictures of kids from Crazy About My Baybah.  Even though Ariel isn’t so little any more, I found these tips quite informative and was reminded again about not using the flash all the time.

Just Married With Coupons has a great compilation of tips from their readers on How to Get Your Iced Coffee Fix For Less! (It’s more than just adding ice!)

Here’s a great recipe for Making Your Own Pizza from The Frugal Free Gal….I’m thinking we’re doing this soon!!

The Life of Rylie…and Bryce, too! did a fantastic review of teaching your kids about germs using Wet Ones and some great experiments, courtesy of Bill Nye, the Science Guy.  I know that Ariel would LOVE to do some of these experiments too!  (She’s so interested in science and how things work!)

Since Ariel’s cousins have been visiting this week, we’ve had the chance to hang out with a 3 year old!!  This collection of Edible Play Dough recipes from “Deal” icious Mom is just what we should be making to entertain the little one safely.

That’s it for this week, peeps! Hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

Please share YOUR favorite discoveries of this week!

(photo credits:  rabbit, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

1 The Frugal Free Gal July 22, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Thank you for adding my recipe! :)
The Frugal Free Gal would love for you to read Mailbox Freebies and CouponsMy Profile

2 Paula July 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm

You’re so welcome!! It’s a great recipe and I’m excited to try it!

3 Karen Greenberg July 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I’ve been so far behind on reading this week that I don’t have anything to add. I love this feature, though! I do something similar on Sundays called Sunday Surf. I love finding what other people have found interesting throughout the week because there is no way to discover it all on our own!
Karen Greenberg would love for you to read Short Story: SheMy Profile

4 Paula July 23, 2011 at 9:02 am

I will have to check that out. I would love to be part of a bigger group of people and reading about their discoveries too!! Thanks for mentioning that!

5 Karen Greenberg July 23, 2011 at 9:43 am

Look for it on Sunday on my blog, then click the Sunday Surf button that will be there. You’ll find quite the list of people who participate!
Karen Greenberg would love for you to read Short Story: SheMy Profile

6 Karen Greenberg July 22, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Opps, I wanted to sign up for follow-up comments so I can see what others post as favorites!
Karen Greenberg would love for you to read Short Story: SheMy Profile

7 Paula July 23, 2011 at 9:01 am

Now I’m leaving this comment as a reply to your comment to see if it will send you an email. TRIAL!!! Please let me know if you receive an email or not. Thanks for reading my blog!!

Oh, and if you sign up for CommentLuv (it’s a WordPress Plug-in, but also may work for Blogger–??), you can pick which of your recent posts you want to show up in your comment! Cool, eh? It’s been a good week for discoveries!!

8 Karen Greenberg July 23, 2011 at 9:48 am

I DID get an email. Thank you! I did NOT get an email on the first comment I left that I didn’t sign up for the emails. So, it works!

Thanks for letting me know about CommentLuv. I did not know you could choose which post came up. I love new discoveries!
Karen Greenberg would love for you to read Short Story: SheMy Profile

9 Paula July 23, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hey, Karen, I’m leaving this as a regular comment and we’ll test and see if you get an email from this comment. I’m pretty sure you won’t… I think it’s only going to send you an email from a comment left as a reply on your comment, but I might be wrong. Let me know if you get this one.

10 Karen Greenberg July 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

I don’t think I got an email on this one. Shucks! I was hoping I would get all of the comments. Now I know how it works, though.

I can’t seem to pick which one of my posts get shown, but maybe I need to do something different. I’ll play with it!
Karen Greenberg would love for you to read Short Story: SheMy Profile

11 Paula July 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

There is a plug-in to get all of the comments, I think, but I’m not sure it plays well with others. I know I’ve signed up to get follow-up comments and then been bombarded with so many that I ended up blocking them. And I didn’t want that for my readers. So, I’d love to figure out a way that readers could pick their favorite choice… get ALL of the comments posted, just get replies to their comments, or not get any follow-up emails at all. Right now, I just have the last two. And I have no way of knowing, short of doing a poll, how many people choose the follow-up email. I’m guessing it’s a matter of how important the reply is to them.

Good luck with the CommentLuv. I think it’s a lot of fun… and I find myself hopping over to over sites because of it!

12 Jessica July 27, 2011 at 2:17 am

I like the tips on taking kid pictures. Its so interesting and challenging to have a photo shoot with them, because they’re so restless and do wacky things. I once applied for a kid photographer, though they require me a portfolio. Never got my luck that time. It still interests me. Hope you make tips on photo shoots. Thanks.

13 Ruth July 27, 2011 at 11:02 am

I love searching the net for interesting things as well. Just stopped by and realized that you have found interesting searches on the net that I can use. I like searching for information that I can enjoy, I could use the “making my own Pizza”, the kids would love this. I like reading about the edible dough, you found something that is safe and fun for the kids. Thank you for the info Paula. I will be visiting again to see more of your interesting searches.